The Accounting & HR Coordinator supports the Director of Finance on a variety of duties, including, but not limited to: Payroll, Employee Benefits, Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, AP reconciliation, monthly financial reports, general ledger reconciliation etc.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Accounts Payable
• Accounts Receivable (Wish Assists, Donor Receivables)
• Daily deposits, inclusive of check, cash and credit, maintaining batches and committing batches to post to General Ledger (FE)
• Employee Benefits (retirement, medical, supplemental, accruals, PTO, etc.)
• Human Resources including employee manual, office holidays, employee review management, board requirements management.
• Annual filings including state business filing, retirement 5500, census information,1099s etc.
• Manage staff credit cards and credit card statement reconciliation
• Manage wish funds/projects in RE/FE and event appeals and packages
• Order, maintain and distribute credit cards for wishes, including activation, loads and account reconciliation
• Manage supply orders for the organization, including the inventory of toner cartridges for all printers and copiers
• Proactively keep up with National Office directives as it relates to the Accounting/HR function to ensure compliance.
• Assist in monthly reconciliation of general ledger accounts.
• Assist in preparation for annual audit/compliance audit.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications: High level of proficiency in Excel, Word and Outlook; 10 Key or numeric data entry skills; Ability to handle a high volume of transactions; Detail oriented with excellent organization skills; Ability to work independently; Ability to communicate effectively with others; Excellent problem solving skills, analytical/reconciliation skills a must; Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels; Associates' Degree and one (1) year of experience in accounting field in nonprofit arena; Working knowledge of Blackbaud Software including Raiser’s Edge and Financial Edge
Please submit resume along with a cover letter
to Beth Jackson at firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.