Make-A-Wish Southern Florida seeks an experienced manager with a proven track record to manage its Corporate Relations. The Corporate Relations Manager must have experience in building and cultivating strategic relations, donor relations and management skills.
The Corporate Relations Manager will be responsible for building Make-A-Wish’s presence through local and national relationships. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
• Prospects for and researches new sponsors/donors for partnerships (examples).
• Works closely with Special Event Manager/Coordinators to coordinate “asks” of new prospects.
• Solicits new and existing corporations for their interest in developing a partnership with Make-A-Wish (fundraising, volunteering, sponsorship and awareness)
• Follows up on external requests for information about Make-A-Wish
• Conducts follow up calls to potential cash sponsors and in-kind donors
• Attends networking functions to develop relationships with potential donors
• Responsible for proper recognition and cultivation of corporate donors
• Establishes and maintains productive relationships with internal/external contacts (Make-A-Wish Board of Directors, Make-A-Wish America and our West Coast field office)
• Makes presentations and/or meets with corporations, organizations and committees about their possible involvement with Make-A-Wish
• Manages the “ask” process for internal events, from creating the sponsorship packages and mailing lists to the sale of a sponsorship, table or seat
• Prepares proposals and secures sponsorships for our internal and some external events
• Makes oral presentations on behalf of Make-A-Wish
• Fulfills specific responsibilities for all internal events, including, but not limited to, liaison with external event sponsors and event planning and production
• Manages the overall performance and involvement of three development staff
• Works closely with the Board of Directors (engaging their corporations as well as those of their colleagues)
• Identifies local companies for potential national partnerships
• Processes all donations from corporations (including matching gifts) including thank you letters and recognition
• Attends after hours events relating to networking and cultivation of existing and new relationships
• Keeps current development trends through continuing education and community involvement
• Works on any other projects and/or events deemed important by the President/CEO or the VP of Development
The following requirements represent the knowledge, skill and ability necessary to perform this job successfully: Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years of work experience, ability to manage multiple projects and work assignments from a variety of staff and vendors, ability to accomplish projects with little supervision, successful experience creating and executing market plans and strategies, ability to visit with corporate sponsors or other related opportunities throughout the chapter’s territory and proficiency using Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook. Raiser’s Edge experiences a plus.
To apply, please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org