Make-A-Wish Wish Society provides a forum for professional female leaders to support, inspire and empower one another to make a difference in the lives of children battling critical illnesses. Make-A-Wish Southern Florida was founded in 1983 by two women, Nancy Strom and Joan Fenwick, who were members of the Plantation Junior Woman’s Club. Make-A-Wish Women’s Initiative Group will continue to keep our founders' philanthropic efforts moving forward by being dedicated and committed to the wish-granting mission.
What are the benefits of membership?
Make-a-Wish Wish Society Pledge
- Making children's wishes come true
- Local gatherings to generate fundraising ideas, celebrate our accomplishments and meet wish children who are impacted by the support of this group
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Further development of your professional network
- Web site (sfla.wish.org) acknowledgement
- Make-A-Wish publication listing
A community of proactive, empowering women who want to share their time, talent and treasures in support of Make-A-Wish Southern Florida to help ensure that every eligible child has the opportunity to experience a wish. By coming together on behalf of the families and children Make-A-Wish serves, and being dedicated to this great cause, will help ensure the goal of the Wish Society is met and/or exceeded, as a result, forever changing the lives of children who have critical illnesses, the core mission of Make–A-Wish.
For a listing of Make-A-Wish Wish Society members, click here.
To learn more about this exclusive group please contact:
Jessica Rivera, Community Development Coordinator
(954) 967-9474 ext. 321