The Wish Society provides a forum for professional female leaders to support, inspire and empower one another to make a difference in the lives of children battling critical illnesses. Make-A-Wish Southern Florida was founded in 1983 by two women, Nancy Strom and Joan Fenwick, who were members of the Plantation Junior Woman’s Club. The Wish Society will continue to keep our founders' philanthropic efforts moving forward by being dedicated and committed to the wish-granting mission.
What are the benefits of membership?
The Wish Society Pledge
- Making children's wishes come true
- Local gatherings to generate fundraising ideas, celebrate our accomplishments and meet wish children who are impacted by the support of this group
- Invitations to exclusive events
- Further development of your professional network
- Web site (sfla.wish.org) acknowledgement
- Make-A-Wish publication listing
A community of proactive, empowering women who want to share their time, talent and treasures in support of Make-A-Wish Southern Florida to help ensure that every eligible child has the opportunity to experience a wish. By coming together on behalf of the families and children Make-A-Wish serves, and being dedicated to this great cause, will help ensure the goal of the Wish Society is met and/or exceeded, as a result, forever changing the lives of children who have critical illnesses, the core mission of Make–A-Wish.
For a listing of Wish Society members, click here.
To learn more about this exclusive group please contact:
Jessica Rivera, Senior Community Development Coordinator
(954) 967-9474 ext. 321