Make-A-Wish Southern Florida (www.sfla.wish.org) will grant a local child’s wish to be a superhero. Jaylen Hyde, a nine-year-old with leukemia from Coral Springs, will be transformed into “Striker Boy” and save South Florida from the dastardly deeds of “Sneaky Pete.”
After donning an elaborate costume and having his previously dormant superpowers activated, Striker Boy will arrive on the scene in his very own Strikermobile (a Lamborghini). Then he’ll:
- Disarm an ‘explosive device’ at a soccer game
- Fly in a helicopter (where he’ll spot a burning building)
- Ride in a fire truck and put out the fire
- Stop Sneaky Pete from stealing a damsel in distress’s puppy
- Handcuff the villain and escort him to jail at the Broward Sheriff’s Office (BSO)
- Answer questions at a mock press conference
- Have a wish/birthday celebration at the police station
Friday, June 6, 2014
SOCIAL: Follow along as the wish unfolds on Facebook and Twitter (@makeawishsfla)
The Southern Florida chapter grants a wish every 16 hours, at an average cost of $5,000 each, for children in 13 Florida counties and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
For assistance on Friday (wish day), please contact Aimee Adler at 561-302-6902.
# # #